Monday, June 8, 2009

Never Any Better...

I have 8 minutes left at my internship and I am really excited to waste it by writing about one of the United States hottest pop culture icons, Speidi aka Spencer and Heidi Pratt.

Originating from the hit MTV shows Laguna Beach & The Hills, I remember Heidi having somewhat of a mediocre part on the show as Lauren's roommate. How this blew up into an obvious verbally and mentally abusive top 100 TV wonder, I do not know.

What I do want to know is why America seems to be so interested in this random yet plain blond chic and her random and psychotic boyfriend (I'm sorry...husband)? Aren't there much better things that we could occupy our time with? For instance, aren't there still troops in Iraq? For instance, didn't Dick Jacobs just die? For instance, didn't Beyonce finally get some good weave? (Ok, that part is still not true).

I don't understand how reality television, of all the media, has become the highlight of a 30-something's evening rather than checking the news to see if anything relatively good has happened in this god-forsaken country.

No, no let's not watch the news. It's way too depressing and informational. Let's watch these incompetent people lie about being tortured and fake a Hollywood marriage. That will make my day better.

(Really...seriously??)

Again, like I do everyday, I frown at you America. I frown.

(And yes, I frown at myself as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment