Thursday, January 21, 2010

White Boys Forced to Jump for All-American Basketball Alliance

I feel positively horrible for not keeping up with my blog as much as I would have liked to, but I have recently started a new (and my first) full-time reporter position with a local newspaper. Hence, that is where my time has gone. I've only been here for a couple weeks but I love this job, even if it has cut into my personal blogging time.

I thought I could jot down a few words before I don't write another blog for a month or two, particularly on this article I found in the Huffington Post titled Whites Only Basketball League: All-American Basketball Alliance bans Blacks, Foreigners. How is this still happening?

For a second I was hoping that I had accidently stumbled upon an article in The Onion, but I had not. According to the league's comissioner Don "Moose" Lewis, he isn't against blacks or any other person of color. In his mind, the league was simply created because white people have become the minority.

Yes, studies have shown that people of caucasian decent will most likely become a minority...but not today or tomorrow or the next day. Studies have shown that the decrease in the white population will not make them a minority in this country until around 2050.

The article also quotes this "man" as stating that the All-American Basketball Alliance will play fundamental ball only and not "street-ball" as people of color do.

...I think I may be at a loss for words. Or at least, words that I would be willing to put in this blog.

I know this may sound cliche, but didn't MLK's birthday just pass? Was this guy around that day when the whole country closed educational institutions and police departments to honor this man and the efforts he made to bring WHITE AND BLACK PEOPLE TOGETHER? Not against people of color MY ASS!

I wish I had a picture of this Lewis guy, but I don't. But, if I did, I think I nice white sheet over his head would do just nicely.

Hi! My name is Don Lewis and I support all white basketball! Look for me at your local KKK meeting! I'll be the one saying that I'm not entirely against people of color...especially because my neighbor is black! Anyways, vote Don Lewis! I'm here for your white basketball players!

Well...I have to get back to work now. Hope I get to write again soon. I also hope I get to meet Don Lewis soon...but that's for a different reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment