Friday, January 29, 2010

Why NY? Why not...anywhere else

Yesterday, an article was posted from the Associated Press (which was reposted by numerous sources) about the 9/11 trial against Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four others being held in New York...Manhattan to be exact...

       The article was called
Officials voice opposition to 9/11 trials in NYC

I may not have been there when those planes crashed. Actually, I was in my 8th grade English class. And I don't remember much from that day except the thoughts of dying going through my own mind and the look on my mother's face -- a look of terror. But one thing I do know, is that I would never ever ever want to see those people in New York again.

But it's not only that. The people who lost someone that day...some of them might just show up at that trial...with weapons. Do they think people aren't still angry? Do they think people aren't still afraid and have nightmares? 2001 was quite a few years ago, but people haven't forgotten. And they're not going to forget.

Not only are there political figures who think that this is a bad idea, but I'm sure residents of Manhattan, NY aren't exactly jumping for joy at the thought of having these people on trial for who knows how long. What was Obama thinking?

The people in New York saw their loved ones murdered...crushed, blown up, fatally injured by so many different ways...does the Obama administration think that they are doing those people a favor by allowing them to see as Bloomberg called "justice near the World Trade Center site".

Justice may be served...but I hope the NYPD will be ready to deal with the other possible justices that may be served that day.

...just like on September 11, 2001 I'll be by my television the day of that trial...watching what will happen next...most likely with tears in my eyes



No comments:

Post a Comment