Monday, December 28, 2009

So Why Exactly Do You Want Me Dead?

I don't understand why other countries want to kill people in the United States. I've asked around, since I was still in middle school when September 11 happened, to try and figure out how this whole thing got started. I didn't come up with much because no one has a definitive answer as to why people from Afghanastan and Nigeria want us dead. Some people say it's religion. Others say its because we have too much power in this country and they don't like that. Some people say that there are simply lots of reasons why we have this "War on Terror" as they so like to call it. But I want to know why. I want to know why I have to be afraid to get on an airplane to go see my family in Atlanta because some crazy religious, doesn't like the power we have, and so many other reasons person wants to kill me to make a statement to Al Queida or the Taliban or whoever else is involved in this mess. So who's going to do it? Whose going to give me my answer!?



Not even old Uncle Sam. All he can tell me to do is just support it...support it no matter what. And you know WHY no one can give me the answer? Because no one knows. Isn't this how the world has worked forever? Kill each other for some reason and then forget what the reason was later. But even when you do forget, kill kill stab stab has been ingrained into your brain so much by that time that that's all you know. It's what those soldiers out there eat, sleep and breathe. Death. Do you want that for your children? I'm 21 years old so children will be on the way soon enough. This thing won't be over in 4 or 5 years. They'll still be there eating, sleeping and breathing the stench and horror of the death of their loved ones, or friends, or even enemies. And that will stick with them. And they'll share their stories and instill that into there children so that when the time comes, all those little boys and girls will run off with high technology weaponry and kill kill stab stab. Kill. Kill. Stab. Stab. It's like a video game...except it's real.



I don't know what I'm more pissed off about: the fact that this Nigerian dude could get on a plane coming to the United States or the fact that this guy felt like he had to get on the plan to prove something to someone. Which one makes you more angry? Have you even considered that? I know you don't want to forget the ones who left to die for you, but have you taken a second to think about WHY THOSE PEOPLE WANT US DEAD? Have you really taken a second to see it from their point of view? And after you do, did you find out why they want us dead? Can you explain it to me? I can think about it all I want but I don't know the background. I haven't been following this thing since I was in 8th grade. All I remember is my mother coming to school, picking me up, sitting me next to her in front of the TV at home, and she held me like she needed to protect me from something. I didn't understand it then and I probably still don't fully understand it now. I may be older, but that doesn't mean I know what's going on. I still don't know why people are dying from being murdered, or committing suicide or from getting blown up. Do you?



I don't really have an opinion on this war. I don't like our people dying for it, but I'm one of those people who isn't pleased about other people from other countries having to die for it either. I don't want anyone to die. Is this supposed to be some sort of plan to decrease the population? Is it a plan to make people believe in things they don't want to believe in? Should I even care? Maybe I should just continue to live my life in oblivion...or maybe that's how we got here in the first place.

So, explain it to me. Explain to me why I have involuntarily volunteered myself to die for this country. Explain Kill Kill Stab Stab Death Now Questions Later...and when is later anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment